[vtkusers] Trouble with QVTK

Joshua Pedrick jpedrick at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:16:41 EDT 2009

Hello again Leo,
     Here's my code once again, but distilled and reordered a bit. I removed
all the Deletes and whatnot. I'm still not getting anything but the gradient
background. Any clues?
     I downloaded and compiled VTK-5.4 with QVTK, using Qt version 4.5.1
from Qt SDK 2009.02. Still no luck. So the latest VTK from CVS and version
5.4 aren't working. I can't be the only one using QVTK. I am not using cmake
to build my project, could this be the problem? Are there some compiler
flags I need to set for QVTK to work?

     Regards,
       -Joshua

void MainWindow::SetupScene()
{
    QVTKWidget* qvtkwidget = ui.qvtkWidget;

    qvtkwidget->GetRenderWindow()->DoubleBufferOff();

    //Put cone in window
    {
        vtkConeSource *cone = vtkConeSource::New();

        //Create Cone Mapper.
        vtkPolyDataMapper *coneMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
        coneMapper->SetInputConnection(cone->GetOutputPort());

        //Create Cone Actor
        vtkActor *coneActor = vtkActor::New();
        coneActor->SetMapper(coneMapper);

        //Create Cone Renderer
        vtkRenderer *ren = vtkRenderer::New();
        ren->SetBackground(0,0,0);
        ren->SetBackground2(1,1,1);
        ren->GradientBackgroundOn();

        ren->AddActor(coneActor);

        qvtkwidget->GetRenderWindow()->AddRenderer(ren);
    }

}