[vtkusers] pipeline for slicing a volume in oblique plane and show the cut plane as an image

Elvis Chen elvis.chen at gmail.com
Sat May 9 12:53:13 EDT 2009

hi all,

I'm trying to slice a volume using a vtkPlane and display the cutplane as an
image.  I know the equation for the vtkPlane (plane normal+origin).  My
current pipeline is:

vtkPlane->vtkCutter->vtkStructuredPointsReader

I can use a vtkOutlineFilter to display on the cut plane on the volume.
However, if I pipe the output of vtkCutter to an, say, imageActor, I only
get black image.  Can anyone please verify what I'm doing is correct, and if
I'm not, suggest the proper pipeline of doing so?

Thanks in advance,

Elvis