[vtkusers] How to obtain VTK 5.5 with CVS

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Wed May 6 15:41:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

The latest stable/release version of VTK is 5.4. Odd number on minor
version means unstable/CVS HEAD/development version.

Try:

cvs -q -d :pserver:anonymous at www.vtk.org:/cvsroot/VTK co -r "VTK-5-4" VTK

5.0 stable
5.1 older development version
5.2 stable
5.3 older development version
5.4 stable
5.5 current development version

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Aytekin Vargun <varguna at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> How can I download VTK5.5 from CVS? We could not do it from the instructions
> on the web.
>
> After logging in we tried the following but it did not work:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK checkout -r
> VTK-5-5 VTK
>
> We just need the latest and safe  version not the nightly part.
> Thanks
> Aytekin
>

> --
> My web page: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~vargua

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive