[vtkusers] [NEWBIE] shaded background etc

Andrew Cunningham andrewc at mac.com
Tue May 5 19:25:39 EDT 2009

Hi Gerrick,
The C++ scene graph I wrote is pretty old and limited and  and needs to be completely torn up . I did look at replacing it with OSG ( or even NVSG) - but VTK is more oriented towards my simulation visualization needs right out of the box - I can deal with these few 'compatibility' issues fairly easily ( with the great help already received from this list).

I must say the thought of embedding a VTK actor as an OSG node just seems slightly perverse :) ....having to learn/build/integrate/update two large and complex C++ frameworks just does not sound like a good time to me!

Andrew