[vtkusers] [NEWBIE] shaded background etc

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Tue May 5 14:41:14 EDT 2009

Hi Andrew,
If you just need the data storage and sci vis capability of VTK, I would
recommend using something like vtkActorToOSG/vtkActorToPF (
http://brighton.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~prajlich/vtkActorToPF/) to integrate  VTK
into your existing code base.

Those classes allow you to setup a VTK pipeline to create the vtkActors for
what you need and then converts them into OpenSceneGraph nodes or Performer
nodes( old skool!! ).

If you are using some other scenegraph, you can probably reference that code
to write a similar interface for your scenegraph.

We used this pretty extensively at my previous job ( http://www.vesuite.org/
) and it worked well.

 biv