[vtkusers] Please, how to smooth a polydata?

Nour Mestiri nourmestiri at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 29 17:30:37 EDT 2009

Hi all vtk users.
Please, i need yor help. I'm really in a trouble.
I want to extract some particular features from polydats saved as VTK files.. When i read those files, the quality of the image is not well, so i have wrong resulats of extraction.
I tried to smooth the surafce of the poydata but i don't have goos results.
I post here the code i use and i want to know if ther's another way to have better result.
Thank you so much.

vtkXMLPolyDataReader *reader = vtkXMLPolyDataReader::New();
reader->SetFileName(fileName);
reader->Update();

vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter *smooth = vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter::New();
smooth->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
smooth->SetNumberOfIterations(100);
smooth->BoundarySmoothingOn();
smooth->SetFeatureAngle(120);