[vtkusers] lens distortion simulation

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Fri Mar 27 12:22:09 EDT 2009

"Standard" VTK can do roughly whatever that "standard" OpenGL can do.
You may want to browse the doxygen pages for vtkRenderer,
vtkRenderWindow and vtkCamera to see what is fairly easy to do with
standard VTK. For instance vtkRenderWindow supports stencilling, which
would be one quick way to get the 500 pixel mask you seek.

I know of two projects that extend what VTK can do beyond "standard"
OpenGL. One is vtkEdge, which enabled things like advanced shader
effects, the other is a project that LANL is working on, which
interfaces VTK with a fast software ray tracer called Manta, developed
at the University of Utah.

hth