[vtkusers] really weird Running Problem.....

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Tue Mar 24 16:42:36 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

sorry guys I'm bothering you with a question which is more on the architecture of Visual studio 2008 I think than more over VTK and/or QT...but I don't really know what is this problem about.
I'm developing a software which uses QT 4.5 as GUI, and VTK 5.2 as visualization library. All under Visual Studio 2008. Now, compilation and linking are fine both in Debug and Release version, when I run in Debug version (haven't tryed in release yet), the program runs normally. I load up a .vtk dataset using vtkPolyDataReader and I got this message from the compiler.  It asks me to "break" or to "continue" giving me the following message. Now, I click twice on Continue and everything is fine....but it keeps warning me up!. Has any of you ever seen this message before? Any help!?
"
This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in QTVTK_Diorama.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

This may also be due to the user pressing F12 while QTVTK_Diorama.exe has focus.

The output window may have more diagnostic information.
HEAP[QTVTK_Diorama.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 01110000, 0165C2D0 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in QTVTK_Diorama.exe.

Many Thanks