[vtkusers] Tcl wrapping fails for interactors

Beck Olson bolson at radmail.radiology.ucsf.edu
Mon Mar 23 16:54:25 EDT 2009

Greetings!

       I am currently developing a vtk application, and am attempting to
build it for mac os x 10.5.6. I have built it with tcl and X11, but it
seems that any time I attempt to initialize a vtkRenderWindowInteractor
the interpreter crashes with a segmentation fault. Below is an
interactive session showing the seg fault. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated!

--Beck

%
package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkConeSource cone
cone SetHeight 3.0
cone SetRadius 1.0
cone SetResolution 10

vtkPolyDataMapper coneMapper
coneMapper SetInputConnection [cone GetOutputPort]

vtkActor coneActor
coneActor SetMapper coneMapper

vtkRenderer ren1
ren1 AddActor coneActor
ren1 SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4

vtkRenderWindow renWin
renWin AddRenderer ren1
renWin SetSize 300 300

vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
iren SetRenderWindow renWin

vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera style
iren SetInteractorStyle style

iren AddObserver UserEvent {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
% 5.2
% 5.2
% % cone
% % % % % coneMapper
% % % coneActor
% % % ren1
% % % % renWin
% % % % iren
% % % style
% % % 40
% iren Initialize
/usr/bin/wish: line 2: 72643 Segmentation fault      "$(dirname
$0)/../../System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Resources/Wish
Shell.app/Contents/MacOS/Wish Shell" "$@"

--
Beck Olson
Programmer Analyst