[vtkusers] VTK tutorial, step 5 (Cone5), OSX-Cocoa: fails to capture keyboard events

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Mar 20 18:19:53 EDT 2009

I can't remember all the interactions but the trouble I am thinking is
that what if someone is writing an application that does some
background stuff (like animating) and if there is something in the
interactor that is constantly bringing the window to the front that is
going to be a bit annoying.

   I have no idea if that is going to happen or not but it seems
awfully likely. Then again, my patch/hack may have just been skirting
the issue and doesn't really solve anything. I didn't really test it
thoroughly. I just hacked it into my code to get my little test
program to take key events.

   Just my thoughts. Fix it however you want to but I am thinking a
_thorough_ test suite is going to be needed to figure out if any fix
really "works".. or someone could ask on one of the Apple lists ;-)..

---
Mike Jackson                 www.bluequartz.net