[vtkusers] VTK tutorial, step 5 (Cone5), OSX-Cocoa: fails to capture keyboard events

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 20 17:43:43 EDT 2009

On 3/19/09 9:17 PM, Michael Jackson said:

>  The code I submitted is designed for _you_ to put in _your_ code and
>NOT into any of the vtk code. Well maybe the cone examples and stuff
>like that but NOT the render classes.

Mike,

Any thoughts on what to do about the VTK examples?  It is lame that the
VTK examples don't work 'out of the box', and it has been so for many
years now.

Possibilities include:
1- Changing each example's code to call TransformProcess().
2- Making each example a bundle.  (Will this work for examples that need
command line arguments?)
3- calling TransformProcess(), perhaps only optionally, from VTK itself.
4- ?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com