[vtkusers] Streaming Pipeline

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:31:53 EDT 2009

Mark Bolstad wrote:

> That was the idea I originally had, but hadn't explored it further.
> How are you feeding the extent back to the clip? Viewport ->
> raster_to_world-> clip ? If you have a small example that would be
> helpful.
>
> Mark

We use a point picker widget to pick a point on a model around which we
would like to see image data. Once we have the 3D point we just add the
radius to the point and convert that to an image extent. Our clip
function is attached. Our big input image is usually swapped out. If you
can't have it loaded at all, then you might get better millage with the
new clip->SetInputConnection(reader->GetOutputPort()), and
reader->UpdateInformation() style commands.