[vtkusers] BSD license question

Oliver Kania ptw.freiburg at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:59:02 EDT 2009

Thanks for the answer,
you replied :

I'd say yes, you have to include the VTK copyright/statement in your
documentation. "Redistributions in binary form" would include
statically linking to VTK libraries as you are distributing VTK object
files as part of your binary.

So just to be 100% sure : the BSD license only applies to the VTK libs which

are no longer visible because they are statically linked in and we can write
something like:

Our application links with VTK which uses the following license:

... license text ....