[vtkusers] Is Tk required when VTK_WRAP_PYTHON=ON?

Carl Trapani carl at skytopsoftware.com
Wed Mar 18 14:51:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

I get the following CMake (2.6.3) error when I try to configure VTK
5.2.1 for an out-of-source build with

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
CMake Error at CMake/vtkWrapTcl.cmake:180 (MESSAGE):
  Tk was not found.  Install the Tk development package (see
http://tcl.tk or
  ActiveState Tcl) and set the appropriate variables (TK_INCLUDE_PATH,
  TK_LIBRARY, TK_WISH) or disable VTK_USE_TK.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:831 (INCLUDE)

(Press  Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
OK   Cancel

I've tried setting VTK_USE_TK=OFF and was able to build successfully
using mingw makefile + Eclipse CDT5 on Vista32, but when I built the
test target, all of my Python tests failed.

Anyone successfully build and use VTK from Python 2.6.1?

Thanks,
Carl