[vtkusers] Please help! How to extract the surface of a volume?

Nour Mestiri nourmestiri at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 18 06:44:48 EDT 2009

Hi all vtk users.
I need your help. In fact, i have a sequence of 2D 'segmented' images which represent the bones of the human head.
When i make the reconstruction, i obtain the whole volume of the skull.. My objective is to keep just the extern surface of this skull and eliminate all the rest.
I used the marching cubes algorithm but the result is not exactly what i want!!!
Is it possible to extract the surface of the volume? If yes, how to do?
Thank you.