[vtkusers] How to convert vtkPolyData to vtkImageData?

Dongqing Chen dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu
Sun Mar 15 14:10:36 EDT 2009

Dear all:

   Is there an efficient way to convert? Now, I am doing the 3D correlation computation between two poly datasets (one from a CT volume), and the other one is a 3D sphere (as kernel) using
vtkImageCorrelation by setting the dimensionality to 3.

The vtkImageCorrelation takes imagedata as input. I tried the  vtkPolyDataToImageStencil to do the conversion, however it did not work. Or, any one could give me some suggestions how to do the 3D correlation by using other vtk class for two vtkpoly datasets.

Best Wishes,
Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.
Computer Vision & Image Processing (CVIP) Lab
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Speed School of Engineering
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY, 40292
U.S.A