[vtkusers] vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors: relationship between brightness-contrast values and window-level vales

John Eke johne at annidis.com
Sat Mar 14 11:37:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been playing with the vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors filter trying to get brightness and contrast going but I've been seeing weird results. Problems with my math, I cant seem to come up with he right formula to produce the brightness and contrast effects.

The scenario is I have a slider on my application where a user selects the brightnes/contrast levels. These range from 0 to 99. Question is how can I convert these values to Window-Level values to properly simulate the change in brightness and contrast.

Thanks

John E