[vtkusers] vtkXYPlotActor: ViewportToPlotCoordinate issue

Mathieu Coursolle mcoursolle at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 13 11:51:27 EDT 2009

Hi VTK users/developers,

I am using vtkXYPlotActor and I need to convert mouse event position
into
plot position.

double coordinates[2] = {0.0, 0.0};
thePlot->SetViewportCoordinate(inX, inY);
thePlot->ViewportToPlotCoordinate(theRenderer);
thePlot->GetPlotCoordinate(coordinates);

I would except the previous code to work:
1) I set the viewport coordinates.
2) Convert to plot coordinates.
3) Retrieve the plot coordinates.

However, I stepped in the code and realized that
ViewportToPlotCoordinate(...)
sets the viewportCoordinates.

Am I missing something here?

If I read the viewportCoordinates, it returns the right value:

double coordinates[2] = {0.0, 0.0};
thePlot->SetViewportCoordinate(inX, inY);
thePlot->ViewportToPlotCoordinate(theRenderer);
thePlot->GetViewportCoordinate(coordinates);

Thanks,

Mathieu
Mathieu Coursolle, M.Ing.
Rogue Research Inc.