[vtkusers] Temporal datasets that have changing properties

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Thu Mar 12 11:55:57 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I have a temporal data that changes structure less frequently than the
properties on the structure. For instance in 100 timesteps the structure may
only change once every ten timesteps.
Are there ways to handle this in VTK? Currently I re-create my mesh every
time step but I think I can make things faster by only changing the
properties when needed and caching the structure.
I saw some posts on the developer list about setting the
³DATA_GEOMETRY_UNMODIFIED² flag but I couldn¹t quite follow along. Also,I¹m
still on vtk 5.2.1 rather than cvs head.

Gerrick