[vtkusers] vtk with python wrapper

Bernard Chiu bcychiu at alumni.uwo.ca
Wed Mar 11 16:51:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I was trying to compile VTK using Visual Studio .net 2003. It was all
fine when I compile without turning on the python wrapper function.
However, when I tried to turn VTK_WRAP_PYTHON on, with
PYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH, PYTHON_LIBRARY and PYTHON_EXECUTABLE
approrpriately set in CMake, there were many linking errors of the
following form when I compiled VTK using Visual Studio:

vtkCommonPythonD error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__PyString_FromString

I think there must be an easy way to resolve this. Please give me a hand.

Thanks,
Bernard