[vtkusers] vtkXYPlot - Label Y-Axis vertically ?

Sumit Kumar dost_4_ever at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 23:42:17 EDT 2009

Hello VTKUsers
I have a question regarding vtkXYPlotActor.
Essentially, I want to generate a XY plot and label the axes. However, instead of labeling the axes in the default manner, I would like to label them similar to what MATLAB or PLPLOT does. In other words, I would want to label the Y-axes vertically and X-Axis horizontally.
I Try to access the YAxisActor2D() function from the vtkXYPlotActor and change the SetOrientation(). However, it does not seem to have any effect.

Can someone please post a workaround to this problem along with a code snippet ?

Thanks