[vtkusers] Use VS2005-VTK in VS2008

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:08:35 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2009, at 5:21 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Jim <jiksed at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you. John. I would prefer to compile/build my VTK application in
>>> VS2008 Pro Edition. My VS2005 is a standard edition which lacks some key
>>> features. Will this configuration work fine?
>>>
>> I have found that you can not mix and match libraries from different
>> versions of visual studio in the same project.
>>
>> John
>
> I use VS2008 Express with VTK just fine. What problems were you having?

Here is what I can get from the thread about vs2008 problems he was having:

I built vtk-5.2.1 and c++
 examples in VS2008 without any errors. My TCL examples run fine.
However, when I ran Arrays.exe or Cube.exe, I didn't see anything
rendered on the screen, and no error messages either. I tried both
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=OFF and ON, and I also tried both Debug and Release
builds. It didn't make any difference. I am completely lost. Someone
please help me out. Thank you.

John