[vtkusers] Exodus II problem

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 6 15:12:34 EST 2009

First, may I recommend that you use the newer vtkExodusIIReader instead of vtkExodusReader.  The latter does not support some of the newer Exodus format features and is no longer being developed.

I think the problem is that the Exodus reader is not setting the active vector on its output  vtkExtractvectorComponents appears to be one of those older filters that expects its input to be the active vector.  You can set the field variable 'u' to be the active vectors by using the vtkAssignAttribute filter.

-Ken