[vtkusers] vtkDelaunay2D: How to remove discarded points

Dasan janghang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:28:47 EST 2009

Dear VTK Users,

Thanks to many people in this forum, I could use vtkDelaunay2D to construct
mesh from point cloud.  Thank you so much, every VTK users in this forum.

But I still have many questions on vtkDelaunay2D:

Q1. how can I remove some discarded points by SetTolerance(double)? For
example the following picture show a meshing result of triangulation
(vtkDelaunay2D). But as you can see, some points which were not used for
triangulation still exist inside triangles.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22365659/Untitled-1.jpeg

How can I remove this?

Q2. what is the different between BoundingTriangleOn and Off? The main
difference I observed is that when I use "On," mesh lost colors which I
assigned as scalars and mesh's color becomes gray scale.  Do you know why?

"Boolean controls whether bounding triangulation points (and associated
triangles) are included in the output. (These are introduced as an initial
triangulation to begin the triangulation process. This feature is nice for
debugging output.) "

I cannot understand what this means due to lack of knowledge for
triangulation.