[vtkusers] calibration of two orthogonal fluoroscopes

Boettcher, Dr. Peter Boettcher at kleintierklinik.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Mar 3 16:28:46 EST 2009

Dear All

I am seeking for some help in finding appropriate software for calibration of two fluoroscopes. Until now I used a modification of mCal, a MatLab program designed for camera calibration. Using a specially constructed calibration frame allowes for determination of focal with, centre of image and in-plane resolution as well as correction of distortion within the fluoroscopic images of each fluoroscope.

But now I would like to use two fluoroscopes aligned orthogonally to each other. Unfortunately the setup is not static and the fluoroscopes are not strictly orthogonal to each other. Therefore I have to determine the exact orientation of the two fluoroscopes to each other to be able to do 2D-to-3D-image matching using both fluoroscopic images and CT data improving the accuracy for the measuring of out of pane motion.

I hope someone could advise me which software offers this kind of feature and what calibration frame might be best suited for that purpose. Maybe there are som RSA applications which could do the job?

With kind regards, Peter.