[vtkusers] Custom mouse cursor at renderer

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Tue Mar 3 14:43:52 EST 2009

Fabio:

The interface is not provided yet, but is woefully in want of being
extended.

Check if the following cursor shapes aren't enough for your purposes....

  http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/pixmap-and-cursor/XCreateFontCursor.html

You'll also want to find equivalent ones

If so, you'll need to extend the #defines in vtkRenderWindow and in
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx, vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.cxx and the OsX ones.

You could also create your pixmap cursors using XCreatePixmapCursor rather
than use the existing ones provided by XCreateFontCursor, although I suspect
X's extensive suite is enough for most needs.

* <http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/pixmap-and-cursor/XCreatePixmapCursor.html>
*
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Fabio Menegazzo <menegazzo at esss.com.br>wrote:

> Is there any way to set a custom mouse cursor to the renderer (using
> SetCurrentCursor)?
> Today I am using only the vtkRenderWindow.VTK_CURSOR_* constants but
> the options there is not enough to me.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Fabio Menegazzo
> Software Developer
> ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software LTDA
> Phone: +55 (48) 3953-0030
> www.esss.com.br

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Karthik Krishnan