[vtkusers] Using PointLocator and insert points

Bryn Lloyd blloyd at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 3 02:38:47 EST 2009

Hello,

For "normal" usage, where all points are added at once, you can setup
the locator by passing it a dataset:
vtkPointLocator::SetDataSet(vtkDataSet *)

For your usage you need to use the function
vtkPointLocator::InitPointInsertion(vtkPoints *newPts, const double
bounds[6])
This function expects a vtkPoints object and the bounds in which the
point locator operates. It will not find points outside the bounds.
The vtkPoints could be shared by the locator and the polydata.

--Bryn

Charles Monty Burns wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will use the vtkPointLocator to detect wheather a point exist in a
> special space in my polydata-mesh. If no one exist I will add one, but
> the added point should be available to the locator for a further
> search.
>
> How can I do this? The point will be added to the mesh and should also
> available to the locator.
>
> Greetings

Bryn Lloyd
Computer Vision Laboratory