[vtkusers] vtkStructuredGrid

Rakesh Hammond rakesh.hammond at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 1 12:50:36 EST 2009

Dear all,

I am trying to do something very simple - I would like to display a
structured mesh on the screen.
I have used the following code

vtkPoints *points = vtkPoints::New();
    points->Allocate(dims[0]*dims[1]*dims[2]);
  for(i=0; i<dims[0]; i++){
    for(j=0; j<dims[1]; j++){
    for(k=0; k<dims[2]; k++){
    test[0]=i; test[1]=j; test[2]=k;
    points->InsertPoint(index,test);
    }
    }
  }
  // Create the structured grid.
  vtkStructuredGrid *sgrid = vtkStructuredGrid::New();
      sgrid->SetDimensions(dims);
      sgrid->SetPoints(points);
      sgrid->Update();
  vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter *plane =
vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter::New();
    plane->SetInput(sgrid);
  vtkPolyDataMapper *sgridMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
      sgridMapper->SetInputConnection(plane->GetOutputPort());

This displays the points, not the lines to display the mesh - if i use the
vtkOutLineFilter, then I can
display the outline, but not all lines inside the object.  Can some one
please let me know what I need
to do display the mesh on the screen rather than just the points?

Thanks,
Rakesh