[vtkusers] NumPy and VTK

Stou Sandalski stou at icapsid.net
Tue Jun 30 19:47:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I had to modify/update vtkImageImportFromArray in order for it to work with NumPy (the code is located: http://www.siafoo.net/snippet/313)... it would be nice if it was somehow merged into the main distribution.  Please let me know, if there is better updated version somewhere or an alternate/better method for volume rendering NumPy arrays.

Also the VTK version of wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py is not double buffered causing really bad flickering when volume rendering.  The Mayavi version on the other hand (https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Mayavi/trunk/enthought/tvtk/pyface/ui/wx/wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py) has double buffering enabled and works very well, so it may be a good idea to merge that version into the VTK distribution as well.

Regards,

Stou