[vtkusers] [Paraview] Getting requested time in reader with multiple outputs

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jun 25 15:05:52 EDT 2009

Does the request object not have a
    int port = request->Get(FROM_OUTPUT_PORT());
if so, you can do it that way.

It probably does, I was just not aware of that key.  Thanks to you an Utkarsh for pointing it out.

How is it that different ports are receiving different time requests? I need to make sure my redesigned pipeline will cope with this correctly. (what does your pipeline look like?)

I am just using it in ParaView.  Create the reader, show both outputs, hit play.  It is a demand driven pipeline and the sinks of the pipeline are visited one at a time to pull data.  So first one output is hit and then the other.  The update time is only set on the output being accessed.  I'm not sure what to do other than that.  I suppose the Executive could also set the time on all the other siblings, but what if they intentionally have a different time range?

Another issue I have run into is that the DATA_TIME_STEPS key is only set on the output attached to the output from which the request comes from.  This is easy to get around, just set DATA_TIME_STEPS on the output in the reader.  It would be nice if they all got set, but you may run into the same problems as above.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov