[vtkusers] create the mesh for a surface

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:46:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM, 家斌 梁 <phoenix.sjtu at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> Thank you David
> not only a single lidar scan, i scan it from everywhere
> the point cloud include the top bottom even inside the big fisure

Please reply to the list, not just an individual. I have not been able to
find a good way to do this. I've heard that you can use a 3d delaunay
triangulation (which fills a volume with tetrahedrons) and then take the
outer surface, but I haven't had any success with that.  Here is an example
that generates random points on a sphere and produces the surface through
those points. I'm not sure what these filters do under the hood, but it
seems to work well with this simple data set.

Good luck - let us know the results.

Thanks,

David