[vtkusers] visual studio 2008 install question

Ilinca, Radu rilinca at student.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 22 09:07:38 EDT 2009

Hi all !

As an absolute beginner in VTK and limited experience in Visual Studio 2008, I want to run a simple vtk demo program (the cone). I installed VTK as follows with CMake:

1) d:\vtk_home\  -> source
2) d:\vtk_build\   -> where Cmake did its work.

Further on, I built the VTK big project (all_build).
Then, I configured from TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> Projects & Solutions -> Include Files , set: C:\Program Files\VTK\include\vtk-5.4\
also TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> Projects & Solutions -> Library Files ->  set: d:\vtk_build\bin\release

Apart from this, I have not changed anything in the general standard configuration of Visual Studio 2008

When I build, I get the following erros:
>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)" (?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class vtkCamera * __thiscall vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera(void)" (?GetActiveCamera at vtkRenderer@@QAEPAVvtkCamera@@XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)" (?New at vtkRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)" (?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)" (?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)" (?New at vtkActor@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)" (?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkConeSource * __cdecl vtkConeSource::New(void)" (?New at vtkConeSource@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main

1>aa.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class vtkAlgorithmOutput * __thiscall vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(int)" (?GetOutputPort at vtkAlgorithm@@QAEPAVvtkAlgorithmOutput@@H at Z) referenced in function "public: class vtkAlgorithmOutput * __thiscall vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(void)" (?GetOutputPort at vtkAlgorithm@@QAEPAVvtkAlgorithmOutput@@XZ)

1>C:\Documents and Settings\Radu Ilinca\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\aa\Debug\aa.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals

Thanks,

Radu Ilinca.