[vtkusers] Display numerical values

Nasos Iliopoulos nasos_i at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:46:32 EDT 2009

Use vtkLabeledDataMapper if you want the numbers to be a label of some
3D points. The numbers will be always reprojected so that they face the
window. I find this function slow though for larger number of points
(>500) .
Example (ids is a vtkIdFilter in this example, you will have to alter to your needs):

vtkLabeledDataMapper *ldm = vtkLabeledDataMapper::New();        ldm->SetLabelModeToLabelIds();
        ldm->SetInput( ids->GetOutput() );

    vtkActor2D *pointLabels = vtkActor2D::New();

        pointLabels->SetMapper(ldm);
If you want to plot as a static text on the window try
vtkTextActor. There maybe a better way though for data that is modified often.