[vtkusers] when to use the Update() function

Giancarlo Amati ilferraresebono at hotmail.it
Tue Jun 16 05:46:43 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I'm a big fan of VTK but ... as soon as vtk got richer, well...I started having problems for example:

I have a vtkPolyDataReader object for loading up a .vtk dataset.  I set everything properly but there is the function called
Update()
which causes me a Runtime error like "Windows has triggered a break point...."

so I don't understand why and when I have to call that Update() function with the VTK classes.

Very kind regards.
GC.