[vtkusers] Displaying the intersection of a plane with a bunch of colored actors

BS odwbrodwbr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:26:03 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am having a problem that I hope you can help me with.
I have a vtkCollectionActor object that contains many actors, each of them
have a different color and geometry assigned to it.

if I add each vtkActor's poly Data to to a vtkAppendPolyData object, is
there any way to maintain the association between each actor and its
assigned color?
With the vtkAppendPolyData approach, the whole vtkAppendPolyData is
associated with a single actor which means it gets just one color
assignment. if so, Can anyone suggest a workaround?

Can I use vtkAppendFilter or vtkMergeFilter to combine all the actors with
their color data? If so, can I still use vtkImageReslice to slice the output
of the appending filter?

I still can display the actors with thier colors in the vtkRenderWindow
but How can I keep the color associations in the 2D slice?
can anyone refer me to any sample code that deals with such a problem?
Thanks in advance.
BS