[vtkusers] Requesting sample code for Delaunay terrain

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos jordigh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 15:24:36 EDT 2009

I have what seems to me like a common problem: given points (x,y,z)
defining a terrain, i.e. z = f(x,y), define a Delaunay triangulation
on the x-y plane and use that to plot the interpolated surface.

Does someone have sample code ready to do this?

Pardon my laziness, but reading the VTK books there seems to be lots
of what to me seems like cruft about lighting, cameras, actors, and
lots of boilerplate code. I just want to plot z=f(x,y) and throw
someone's sample code into an encapsulated class for the basics and if
needed to tweak with the defaults provided. I've been using Octaviz to
accomplish these tasks, but I'm thinking it's probably better to embed
this directly in my C++ code without going through Octave.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.