[vtkusers] 2D view with color overlays over grayscale volumes

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:36:24 EDT 2009

I am using the code from vtkINRIA3D to do this however it has several problems.

http://www-sop.inria.fr/asclepios/software/vtkINRIA3D/dashboard/Doxygen/html/vtkImageBlendWithMask_8cxx-source.html

The main problem is that it blends my grayscale image with another LUT
based image to form a 3D color volume. At the resolution I am using
this volume is over 700MB. At first the program was using 3 of these
one for each of the Coronal, Axial and Sagittal views but I patched my
code to use only 1 buffer.

Anyways I am thinking that this blending operation does not need to be
done this way. Can I have multiple image actors with different LUTs
and place the overlay in a layer above the image I want to view?

--
John M. Drescher