[vtkusers] is VTK useful for my 3D dynamic model ?

Lloyd Fenelon lfenelon at bccrc.ca
Fri Jun 5 12:30:00 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

I am a total beginner in 3D modeling and visualization so I just need
the opinion of someone who knows VTK before I start using VTK.

I would like to build a dynamic and static 3D model of cells dividing.
To start I just would like to detect intersections, neighborhood,
I would like  voronoi and delaunay graphs, maybe textures.

I have read all good things about VTK and what it can do,
but I am not sure about what VTK cannot do !?
I would like to buy VTK books, do you advise me both Textbook and User's Guide
or Textbook is enough for beginners' practice ?

Thank you for your suggestions .

Lloyd