[vtkusers] vtkVRMLImporter class

CARTIK SHARMA csharma at simquest.com
Tue Jun 2 16:14:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

 I'm trying to label anatomic landmarks in VRML models. The models are
originally created
    in a 3D modeling software package.
    I try to use the vtkVRMLImporter class to import the VRML scenegraph and
seems
    like the geometry nodes show up fine.  Is there a way to import texture
information
    in the vrml importer.

So
vtkObject* obj = vtkObject::New();

obj = importer->GetVRMLDEFObject(left_external_jugular_vein);

gives me the geometry node corresponding to the vein I'm looking for.

In addition to the DEF value, I also need transform information. Is there
any way to parse
this in the vtkVRMLImporter class?

Finally, how do I preserve texture information

    Thanks in advance.
    Cartik