[vtkusers] Re ad 16-bit TIFF stack

Floarea Serban florysf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:16:40 EDT 2009

Here is the code snippet that generates the error. I have also attached the
complete java source and a sample image (16-bit tiff stack) can be found at
http://bioimage.ucsb.edu/images/stories/BioImage/research/microtubules/original_video/0.1tnov.tif.
            vtkTIFFReader  reader = new vtkTIFFReader();
	    reader.SetFileName("0.1tnov.tif");
	    reader.Update(); // this is the place where it crashes
	    System.out.println(reader.GetFileDimensionality());
	    System.out.println(reader.GetDataScalarType());

I have tried it again and it works with version 5.1 but crashes with 5.4. I
get only this error message:
Invalid memory access of location 00000008 eip=08097779.

I haven't tried running it just in C++.

Thanks,
             Flory

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23820224/ReadImage.java ReadImage.java