[vtkusers] [Paraview] qvtk problems with the pipeline

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jul 31 18:14:37 EDT 2009

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> My pipeline works all right and gets updated on demand properly. I
> achieve it by connecting spinboxes/lineedits etc. to functions that
> set parameters of my filters before I explicitly hit the final 'apply'
> button. The annoying problem is that the pipeline gets executed also
> when I interact with the render window (click to rotate etc.). I did
> not (intend to) set up such functionality, I want the pipeline to
> execute only after an explicit button click (like in paraview). How do
> I find out who is triggering the pipeline behind my back?
>
> - Dominik

ParaView queues up the changes, and only applies them to the filters
when the apply button is pressed.
If you're applying them on the filters when spinboxes/lineedits change,
and a menu comes and goes over the graphics view, that could trigger an
update you might not want.

How about your apply button gathering the parameters from the widgets on
the form and applying them?

Clint