[vtkusers] number of integration steps for a streamline

Elena Caraba elena.caraba at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 12:02:41 EDT 2009

Dear VTK Users,

This may be a quick/easy question to answer, but I haven't been able to
answer it on my own:

Is there a way to find out the number of steps in an integration that
computes a streamline?
I can see that there is a way for the user to control the maximum/minimum
number of steps, but not finding the exact number...

Or is there a way to find out the number of cells the streamline is going
through?  Because if I have this number then I can compute the number of
integration steps from SetIntegrationStepLength(), which is a fraction of
the cell length.

I can draw my streamlines both with vtkStreamLine and vtkStreamTracer.

Thank you,
Elena