[vtkusers] Select a POINT DATA set from .vtk File

Francesco Babboni jimmigoo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:23:27 EDT 2009

Hi to all!
I would like to ask for a big problem I have.
I'm loading a vtkStructuredGrid from a vtk file in these format:

----

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
vtk output
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID
DIMENSIONS 249 195 1
POINTS 48555 double
3.824635e+005 6.534164e+006 0
CELL_DATA 48112
SCALARS pressureVar double
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0 1 2 3 ..... 48111
SCALARS elevationVar double
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0 1 2 3 ..... 48111

------

I created a pipeline in Paraview, and everything worked

vtkStructuredGrid
CellDataToPointData
Threshold (ON pressureVar points)
WarpScalar (ON elevationVar points)
Elevation

and displaying pressureVar values.

I would like to know how to select elevationVar to get WarpScalar filter,
then select pressureVar to color mapping the rendering.

I searched on the Net, looking for how SetInputArrayToProcess works,
but it doesn't works on my code.

I look forward for any reply, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!

Kind Regards,
Francesco.

----------------------------------
vtkStructuredGridReader* sgridreader = vtkStructuredGridReader::New();
    sgridreader->SetFileName(VtkFile);
    sgridreader->Update();

//CellDataToPointData already defined

    CellToPoint->SetInputConnection(0,sgridreader->GetOutputPort(0));

    vtkThreshold* Threshold = vtkThreshold::New();
    Threshold ->SetInputConnection(0,RadarSgrid->GetOutputPort(0));
*    *Threshold *->SetSelectedComponent(0);* (I would like to find a method
like this)
    Threshold ->ThresholdBetween(0,1.1);
    Threshold ->Update();

    double pressureValues[2];
    Threshold->GetScalarRange(pressureValues);

    ////warp polygons based on elevation
    Warp->SetInputConnection(0,Threshold>GetOutputPort(0));

Warp->SetInputArrayToProcess(1,0,0,vtkDataObject::FIELD_ASSOCIATION_POINTS,
"elevationVar");

//HERE IT DOESN'T WORKS, IT DOESN'T MAKE WARP by ELEVATION VALUES!
    Warp->SetNormal(0.0, 0.0, 1.0);
    Warp->UseNormalOn();
    Warp->SetScaleFactor(1.05);