[vtkusers] vtkCaptionActor2D mangles fonts

Paul massivemonkeymayhem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:07:36 EDT 2009

I'm trying to insert captions for objects in my scene.

I've been trying to use vtkCaptionActor2D, however the text is
"blurry", the drop shadow doesn't show up very well, and the result is
just generally hard to read even with larger font sizes as compared to
vtkTextMapper results, which are nice and crisp. It appears as though
there is some aliasing going on. Any suggestions?

label_actor = vtk.vtkCaptionActor2D()
label_actor.BorderOff()
label_actor.GetTextActor().SetTextScaleModeToNone()
label_actor.SetCaption('Some text')
label_actor.ShadowOn()
label_actor.SetAttachmentPoint(2.0, 2.0, 2.0)

Paul