[vtkusers] in java

Sercani sercanimailgroups at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:40:44 EDT 2009

No, I mean Dicom reader path should contain only and only one serie in
correct order.And your dataset musn't be multi frames Dicom
dataset...Check out reader's documentation:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkDICOMImageReader.html

Namaste...

Gururajan wrote:
> you mean to say that  Dicom reader path should contain the series &
> images in order
>
> Am i right?
>  then i will arrange the order and the series,  then get back to you,
>
> thanks for your kind help.
> Namaste
> Guru
>
> Sercani wrote:
>
>> VTK Dicom reader is not a robust reader like gdcm, so you must be sure
>> that your dataset directory contains only one dicom serie and this
>> serie's image numbers must be in correct order...
>>

>> Gururajan wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> Sercanfile:///home/gururaj/eclipse%20Project/SimpleVTK/SimpleVtk/src/DicomVTK/SimpleVTK.java
>>>

>>> i apologize for that, here after i will add vtkusers.
>>>
>>> the below code only i used in my java programme,
>>> the problem is
>>> "reader.SetDirectoryName(directoryPath); " is not reading the series of
>>> files, it reads only one file. that is my bug.
>>>
>>> Please help me on it.
>>>
>>> Thank  you so much. Please see the attached my main programme.
>>>
>>> once again thanks for your kind reply
>>> Guru
>>>

>>> vtkImageWriter writer = new vtkImageWriter();
>>> writer.SetInput(imageData);
>>> writer.SetFileName("image.vtk");
>>> writer.SetFileDimensionality(3); //for 3d datasets
>>> writer.Write();
>>>
>>> And you can read DICOM files like this:
>>>
>>> vtkDICOMImageReader reader = new vtkDICOMImageReader();
>>> reader.SetDirectoryName(directoryPath);
>>> reader.SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar(); //or whatever you want