[vtkusers] 1-Layer vtkStructuredGrid display problem?

da xu remywendy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:24:36 EDT 2009

Hi all,
In trying to display a vtkStructuredGrid in paraview that has dimensions of
(x-y-1) or (x-1), I can not get it displayed. I use a multiblock plot3d
reader to read two blocks, say...

2
12 1
12 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 0 0
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 1
-2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -6 -5 -5 -3 -2 -2
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

(2 blocks of 12 by 1 data)
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9281/1layerbug.jpg
The only display I get is an outline display, points and wireframe are both
empty in Paraview.

However, if the same data is 12 by 2 instead of 12 by 1, it works as
expected. I'm guessing this is because there is an error with the cell
structure? If so, how come the points do not get rendered?

Now, for this dataset on point view:
2
12 2
12 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1 0 0
-.6 .9 2 3 4 5.75 5.2 3.9 2.7 1.5 -.2 -.6
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 1
0 0 0 0 0 1.1 3 3 3 3 2.4 1
-2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7 -6 -5 -5 -3 -2 -2
1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6817/1layerbug2.jpg
Note the points are displayed for the 12 x 2 structured grid, but not for
the 12 x 1 grid.