[vtkusers] Getting Point Data from vtkPolyData object

Venkattraman A venkattraman04 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:46:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a vtkPolyDataReader that reads in a very small input file with two
scalars and 6 data points. I use that to create an XYPlot and it all works
like a treat. I wanted to print the point data to the terminal (for no
specific reason) and tried to use the vtkPolyData object that is output from
the vtkPolyDataReader object. When I printed the output from the reader
object, it seems to say give 0 for Number of Points, Number of Cells etc etc
etc. My XYPlot ouput is as expected. Is there something I am missing? This
has been reported before but I couldn't find a solution.

Thanks,
Venkat
--
Venkattraman