[vtkusers] lost the colors

bluebyte a.kuhr at gmx.de
Wed Jul 22 06:39:31 EDT 2009

Hello!

I am new with VTK (5.4.2). I found a brickexample at
http://www.rug.nl/cit/hpcv/visualisation/VTK/3Ds/man.html

# Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors
#
vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

# create pipeline
    vtkStructuredPointsReader reader
    reader SetFileName "$VTKDATA/heart.vtk"
    reader Update

    set dims [[reader GetOutput] GetDimensions]
    set dim1 [lindex $dims 0]
    set dim2 [lindex $dims 1]
    set dim3 [lindex $dims 2]

vtkLookupTable lut
    # blue to red
    lut SetHueRange  0.66667 0.0

# procedure for one of the six outer planes of the data brick

proc plane {nm xmin xmax ymin ymax zmin zmax } {
vtkImageDataGeometryFilter plane$nm
    plane$nm SetInput [reader GetOutput]
    plane$nm SetExtent $xmin $xmax $ymin $ymax $zmin $zmax
vtkPolyDataMapper m$nm
    m$nm SetInput [plane$nm GetOutput]
    m$nm SetLookupTable lut
    eval m$nm SetScalarRange [[reader GetOutput] GetScalarRange]
vtkActor a$nm
    a$nm SetMapper m$nm
    ren1 AddActor a$nm
}

    plane xmin 0 0         0 $dim2 0 $dim3
    plane xmax $dim1 $dim1 0 $dim2 0 $dim3
    plane ymin 0 $dim1 0 0         0 $dim3
    plane ymax 0 $dim1 $dim2 $dim2 0 $dim3
    plane zmin 0 $dim1 0 $dim2 0 0
    plane zmax 0 $dim1 0 $dim2 $dim3 $dim3

    ren1 SetBackground 1 1 1
    renWin SetSize 500 500
    iren Initialize
    renWin Render

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .

I try to run it. It tolds me:
vtkStructuredPointsGeometryFilter will be deprecated in
the next release after VTK 4.0. Please use
vtkImageDataGeometryFilter instead

I change it.
But the shown picture is only in black&white, no colors.
What I have to do, to see the brick with colors?

If I run some of the VTK-examples I see it with color.

Regards, Astrid