[vtkusers] Fwd: wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor Problem on Win32

Paul massivemonkeymayhem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:59:08 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Doucet <pauljoeyd at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 4:26 PM
Subject: wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor Problem on Win32
To: wxpython-users at lists.wxwidgets.org, vtkusers at vtk.org

I've been having this frustrating problem running my WX/VTK application on
Windows platforms. On Linux/GTK it's fine.

The render window seems to grow in size by its own accord, getting larger
than the containing panel/frame. Many seemingly non-obvious things seem to
trigger this. For instance, if I drag the Window frame and move it around
the screen, the render window inside gets progressively bigger. This size
increase is reflected in the widget's reported size (panel.GetSize() <
widget.GetSize()). The render window ("widget") seems to get sporadic
OnSize() events as I drag around the containing frame around, although in
principal it shouldn't. The sizes reported by event.GetSize() during the
OnSize() events are wrong as well.

If I replace wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor with wxVTKRenderWindow, everything
is fine. wxVTKRenderWindow doesn't get any OnSize() events when I move the
frame  around.

Any ideas?

*
*wx-Python 2.8.10.1
Python 2.5.4
Latest wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

code:

frame = wx.Frame(parent=None, title='Fix me!')
display = Display(self.f, self)
panel = wx.Panel(self, frame, style = wx.SIMPLE_BORDER |
wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

widget = wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor(self, wx.ID_ANY, size=wx.Size(100,100),
style=wx.SIMPLE_BORDER | wx.NO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE)

panel.Layout()
widget.Enable(True)