[vtkusers] How to get Gradient Components or components from any vector

Shailender Kanwar shailender.kanwar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:57:46 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am reposting the problem I am facing again here
I have been trying to plot gradient contours of scalar values
I am using vtkGradientFilter and vtkAssignAttributes on an unstructuredgrid
the problem is that I cannot get the Gradients along a particular direction
We know gradients are vectors and the vtk documentation also says that three
components are
calculated for each value but how do I access these components seperately
I want to be able to plot Gradients along X, Y and Z direction seperately
I am getting a plot when I pass the vtkAssignAttributes object for mapping
But I dont understand what the plot i am getting is of ?

Thank you

--
Shailender Kanwar
Research Engineer